Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Schoolhouse Rock

We're back to school!  I taught my first class yesterday morning: freshman oral English with the topic of "Spring Festival and Food."  It was good to be back in the classroom -- I missed this sight:

 

Things won't get busy quite as soon as I'd like, however.  Because I work at a teachers' college, all junior students have a required one-month teaching practicum in March.  For me, this means I won't resume teaching junior writing and junior video for a few more weeks.  For them, it means three weeks of observation followed by one week of hands-on teaching experience.  (I think that's all they get -- seems a little paltry.)

In the meantime, I'll be planning lessons, reconnecting with students, giving a few culture lectures for the department, and studying Chinese. 

Now that school has begun, I will no longer be blogging about winter holiday.  So you will have to live without seeing such wonders as seaweed donuts, foot-eating fishes, bowl boats, short ceilings, and elephants in the streets.

 

 

 

 

 

I'm sorry to deprive you, but that's just the way it's gotta be.  Back to lesson planning!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I think I'll stick to Krispy Kremes, thank you....and I also think I like La James pedicures better than the one you look like you're getting! :) Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete