Friday, August 27, 2010

"Welcome Home to China"

I'm in Beijing!  I arrived after a late flight last night and was up for 7:45 training sessions this morning.  All of the China teachers meet together for a few days in Beijing before the year begins, and then tomorrow I will go to my city.

This morning was good.  We had some training stuff on staying connected to the Vine and how to help our students grow.  I met my new teammates, Chip and Mallary, and they seem cool.   There was free time this afternoon so I caught up with friends from last year and saw the Old Summer Palace, the view from the CCTV tower, and a little karaoke.  Once I go to Qufu, I won't see these friends all semester, so we're trying to pack in as much as we can.

The packet for our training sessions is entitled "Welcome Home to China."  It's good to be back.  (But I miss clean bathrooms.)

No comments:

Post a Comment