Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Updatito (A little update)

It's 7:54 pm and I am seriously contemplating an 8:00 pm bedtime.  Don't judge.

Anyway, it's been a fun couple of days, but I don't have enough creative energy at the moment to make them come alive for you, so I thought I'd give you a mini-update -- an "updatito," if you will.

The weekend didn't exist, because I had class.  That was OK, because we had three days off last week.

Yesterday I had a Chinese lesson in the morning, taught a sophomore oral class in the afternoon, had a group of students over to bake cookies, and had my book club in the evening.  We're reading Anne of Green Gables -- awesome.

This morning I taught a couple writing classes, had team stuff in the afternoon, and then had dinner with a few sophomores.  But actually, I had dinner with my team, too, so I supped at 5:00 and then 6:00.  Actually, if you count gorging myself with leftover cookies at our team meeting, I ate non-stop from 3:30 to 7:00.  Hmm.

Tomorrow begins my week-long holiday.  First I will go to Chongqing, then to Xi'an.  They are both new cities for me, and I am looking forward to meeting up with friends in both places.  Traveling in China over the holidays is always an adventure.  (An adventure full of crowds of people.)

El fin.

1 comment:

  1. I just realized that I was probably way behind in blog reading... Sad.

    Are you still reading Anne of Green Gables? I love those books! And Anne! She's so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete