Monday, October 4, 2010

Flashback: "Death on the Road"

I debated whether or not to link back to this post, since the subject is a little grim.  It's about a traffic accident we saw in Southwest China when my family was here.  First there was the visceral shock of witnessing gore, and then there was a long wait in the van while layers of confusion, sadness, culture, and tiredness were piled on top of one another and I realized I know much less about this country than I think.

I remember my teammate saying that she saw a women killed by a vehicle in the street during her first year in China, and it took her a long time to get over that experience.  My experience of coming upon a recent death on the road was not quite as traumatic, but it ranks among my sharpest China memories from last year:

"Death on the Road"

No comments:

Post a Comment