Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Flashback: A Train Ride and a Holiday

This edition of "Flashback" brings you two posts about two different topics.  They don't really go together, but I've gotten this far and I'd hate to lose the two sentences I've already invested in this post, so here we go:

"Night on the Train": It was my first time traveling in "soft sleeper" class, and one of the most sleepless nights I've ever spent on a train.  Spoiler: this post ends with me making a fool of myself.

"Lantern Festival": A lovely night with lovely friends, punctuated by ear-splitting celebratory explosions.

2 comments:

  1. I swore off overnight trains after our first trip in China...I've been on two since then and curse them every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I would rather travel by sleeper train than anything else in China. I love that you can take an 8 hour journey and not lose any time, because you were asleep! And I like that you can go from city center to city center instead of having to travel out to an airport. The only thing I don't like is that the demand for tickets far outstrips the supply.

    ReplyDelete