Friday, January 27, 2012

Yangshuo, China

I find myself with the Internet and the opportunity, so why not share a few photos from my travels?  My roommate and I started in Yangshuo, a town in southern China known for the unique karst scenery.

It was a little cold and gray, but still worth the visit.  Travel in China is always an adventure!

Yangshuo

Produce market

Check out that chicken

There were lots of weavers and handicrafts on the touristy West Street

Farmland scenery on one of our long bike rides


Cute kiddo on the way out of town

We took a float on a bamboo raft.:


Bamboo rafting scenery!

Ancient Street in Xinping, a village we visited just north of Yangshuo
 
More karsts, this time by Xinping

With a vendor we liked in Xinping old town

Guilin Train Station - Getting ready to crowd in for the 18-hour train ride to our next destination.

4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog! Bamboo rafting- so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy -- love your new blog! I'll be in Laos with Sara, Gloria, Stephanie, & Amy after conference. Hope to see you there.

      Delete
  2. I love the photo of the farmland with the karsts in the background! Super pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! A lot of our photos were all gray and not that impressive, so I tried to include ones that had a little green.

      Delete