Friday, March 16, 2012

In Which I Experiment with Blogging

Dear Reader,

How are you?  Hope this finds you well.  Things are pretty quiet here at the moment.  I had a class and some office hours this morning, then went grocery shopping with my teammate, and hung out with some students tonight.

A few days ago, I was reading a blog where the writer mentioned that she was happy to live in the blogging age, where her thoughts and talents would reach a wide audience.  If she had been born a hundred years ago, she said, the same words would have been buried in letters that only a handful of people ever read.  Interesting thought.

Did you know I love letters?  It really made me think about some of the beautiful letters I've read (like the ones in that awesome book of letters by American women that I gush about from time to time).

I think I'd rather live in the letter age than the blogging age.  So I'm going to write you letters on my blog for the next few posts.

Sound OK?
Take care,
Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment